Everyone is crazy about fragrant flowers, in this blog we are going to talk about such a fragrant flower whose name is Tuberose Flower, which you must have heard about or you might have seen, then if you fill your house with fragrant flowers. If you want then this can be a better option for you.
In this blog we will know how you can grow this flower at home and with this we will know what are its benefits etc.
Tuberose Flower Meaning
Tuberose flower is a symbol of happiness, prosperity and passion. Due to its fragrant sweet aroma, it is also considered a symbol of adventure. You can present a bouquet of tuberose to the person whom you love the most, such as parents, siblings, and lover girlfriend etc. Apart from this, it is also used for giving as gifts in weddings.
Information about tuberose flower
Tuberose flower is attractive and fragrant, it is usually found in white color. The botanical name of tuberose is Polianthes Tuberosa. In its English language it is called Tuberose Flower. Tuberose was originated in the country of Mexico. Currently it is also grown commercially in India, mainly in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, and Maharashtra.
Tuberose flowers remain fresh for a long time. Hence they are used for making garlands, decorating vases, and as bouquets. Oil is also extracted from these flowers, its tuberose oil is called. The quantity of aromatic products and perfumes is increasing in the market, so tuberose cultivation is being done more widely.
Tuberculosis plants have a height of 23 to 45 inches. In which there are 5 to 10 leaves, the length of these leaves is 10 to 15 inches. The color of the leaves is green and shiny. The color of tuberose flowers is white, when it is in bud form, its color is light green, after blooming it changes to pure white color. This flower has 15 to 18 petals. When the flowers are in full bloom, they give off a sweet and sweet fragrance.
Tuberose genus of polyanthus, within which there are a total of fifteen species. Of which twelve species are found in Central America and Mexico. Two of these species have red flowers, one is white and the other nine have white flowers.
How To Grow Tuberose Plant
- To plant tuberose, you first need its good and healthy bulb.
- After picking the bulb you should choose a good and fertile soil.
- To make soil, you should mix 80% normal soil, 10% sand and 10% vermicompost well.
- After preparing the soil, take a large pot, at the bottom of which it is necessary to have a hole in the center.
- No plant should ever be planted in a pot without a hole.
- After taking the pot, fill the soil in it and press it well, so that no air remains inside the soil.
- After this you should plant your tuberose bulb in a pot.
- One last thing that should be taken care of while planting the bulb is that the top of the bulb should remain about an inch above the soil.
- After planting the bulb in the pot, fill it with plenty of water.
- Keep the pot in a shady place until the plant starts growing from inside the bulb.
- The plant will grow in about a month, and it will start flowering in two months.
How to take care of tuberose plant
- Tuberose plant does not require much care.
- This plant should always be planted in fertile soil.
- In the beginning, water should be given in plenty.
- Twice in a month, one teaspoon of urea fertilizer should be mixed in one liter of water in tuberose plant and put it in the root of the plant.
- Apart from this, if any kind of disease occurs on the leaves of the plant, then for this, neem oil should be sprayed with water.
How to preserve tuberose flower bulb
- When the tuberose plant stops flowering, the leaves above it begin to wither.
- When the leaves of the plant begin to wither, you should cut off all the leaves leaving about an inch from the ground.
- After cutting the leaves, pull all the bulbs out of the soil.
- After the bulbs are removed from the soil, they should be dried in the shade by placing them in a mesh pot or a basket.
- After a few days, all the seeds of Rajnigandhi ie the bulb will be completely clean, the roots around it will dry out.
- When all the roots from the bulb are dry and broken, then you can take care of them and keep them for planting next year.