If you like beautiful and attractive flowers then this blog is for you because in this blog we are going to know about such a beautiful flower that everyone likes, we are going to talk about Gazania Flower, about which I must have heard about it, but if you do not know about it, then there is nothing to panic because in this blog we are going to know about all the information related to it like where they grow, in which season they grow etc.
How To Grow Gazania From Seeds
- To grow a Gazania plant from seed, you should have a day temperature around 30 degrees Celsius.
- Now first of all you should buy Gazania Seeds from any nursery or online.
- After this you have to prepare a good soil mixture, in which you mix the cockpit, sand, and vermicompost well. If you don’t have a cockpit, you can make a good soil mix by adding old compost to normal garden soil.
- After this you have to take a pot, in which you are going to grow Gazania Seeds. Keep in mind that it is very important to have a hole at the bottom of the pot for water to drain out. By placing some pebbles on these holes. Fill the pot with soil.
- After filling the pot with soil, fill the pot with plenty of water. Till the water starts coming out from the bottom of the pot.
- After this, you have to plant Gazania seeds at some distance above the soil in the pot. On top of this you have to cover the seeds by making a thin layer of the cockpit. If there is no cockpit, use normal garden soil.
- After that again sprinkle water on them. After this, keep the pot in a place where the direct sunlight does not come.
- Your Gazania Seeds will sprout after about 7 days. When your plants have grown a bit, you can take them out of the pot and plant them in the ground or in a larger pot.
How to Plant a Gazania Plant From a Cutting
- To plant a Gazania plant from a cutting, you must take a cutting from the root of this plant.
- You will see many small plants in the root of this plant. You can remove some of these small plants by cutting them with any sharp-edged tool.
- After taking a cutting from the plant, you should plant it in any pot. Do not plant the cutting too deeply in the soil.
- After planting the cutting, put water in the pot and keep it in a shady place. In about 1 to 2 months, your cuttings will start to grow very well.
How to Take Care of Gazania Plant
- The Gazania plant should always be planted in such a place where there is about 6 to 7 hours of sunlight in a day. If this plant does not get good sunlight, then it starts withering.
- Always plant the Gazania plant in a good soil. The soil of the pot should be friable. The pot or any bed in which you have planted the Gazania plant should have proper drainage system.
- If we talk about irrigation of this plant to this plant, then water it from time to time. If you water it a certain amount and well, then you get to see very nice and healthy flowers on the plant.
- If you give too much water to the plant every day, then the roots of the plant rot. Due to which the plant starts drying up, and its leaves start turning yellow.
- If you want to get a lot of flowers from the Gazania plant, then for this you should pluck old flowers from the plant from time to time. So that new flowers come on the plant. If you don’t pluck old flowers from the plant, it starts forming seeds on the plant, and the number of flowers on the plant decreases.
- If we talk about the fertilizer of this plant, then it does not require much fertilizer etc. If you have planted it in good soil in the beginning, then just take special care of water and sunlight, apart from this there is no need to take much care of this plant.
- If we talk about kit moths on Gazania plant, then this plant does not seem to have any kind of kit moths. But if for some reason kit moths are eating the leaves of your plant, then you can spray neem oil for this. With this, there will be no kit moths of any kind on the plant.
Gazania Flower Season in India
According to the climate of India, the flowering season of Gazania lasts from June to November. Gazania flowers bloom very well these days. The bloom time of a flower lasts for about three weeks. After three weeks that flower begins to wither. Gazania flowers do not bloom at night. In the evening, their florets cover their center with their disc ie their leaves. Apart from this, even if the flowers of Gazania do not get enough sunlight, they stop blooming.