In this blog we are going to talk about Brahma Kamal flower which is a sacred flower, according to a research it has been told that this flower is beneficial in many diseases, so if you want complete information related to it then you are in the right place. In this blog, you will be given all the information related to Brahma Kamal flower, where do these flowers grow and what are their benefits etc.
Information about Brahma Kamal
Brahma Kamal is a type of flower, whose botanical name is Saussurea Obvallata. Its 24 species are found in the state of Uttarakhand, it is also known as Kaul Padma in Uttarakhand, according to some legends it is also believed that this flower is named after Brahma, the god of creation.
Apart from this, about 210 species of Brahma Kamal are found in the whole world. This flower blooms only once in a year at night time. Sometimes it takes more than a year to bloom. Some people have a question, when does the Brahma Kamal bloom? Let us tell you that Brahma Kamal blooms once a year at night time between July and September.
Brahma Kamal is used as a herb in Ayurveda. From its root to the flower, all the parts are used. Brahma Kamal is the state flower of which state, let us tell you that the flower of Brahma Kamal is the state flower of Uttarakhand state. This flower is considered very sacred in India. In Hinduism, this flower is considered a symbol of happiness, prosperity and wealth. In the house where the plant of Brahma Kamal is planted, there is always happiness and peace regardless of the reasons.
The color of Brahma Kamal is white, this beautiful and attractive flower blooms in the light of the moon. It starts blooming after sunset. It takes about two to three hours for the Brahma Kamal flower to bloom completely. And it feeds all night. It is also believed for the flower of Brahma Kamal, that if any wish is sought after seeing the flower of Brahma Kamal in bloom, then it gets fulfilled.
Where can I get the Brahma Kamal plant? Brahma lotus plants grow the most in the Himalayan regions of Uttarakhand. In which Pindari Glacier, Valley of Flowers, Hemkund Sahib, and Tungnath are prominent. Brahma Kamal flower is offered in Kedarnath.
When the blooming season of this flower comes, the local people pluck the Brahma Kamal and bring it to the temples. Despite the ban on the sale of this flower, it is still sold to the pilgrims. At present, the Brahma Kamal is on the verge of extinction, because as soon as its flowers bloom, they are immediately plucked. So that seeds cannot be made from flowers. Thus its species is on the verge of extinction.
Rules for breaking Brahma Kamal
Brahma Kamal is the most beloved flower of Mother Nanda Devi. Therefore, the Brahma flower is plucked on the day of Nanda Ashtami. Apart from this, there are many other strict rules for breaking Brahma Kamal, which are very important to follow. The life span of this flower is about 5 to 6 months. The mention of this flower is also found in the Indian epic Mahabharata. Draupadi was anxious to get this flower because of its intoxicating fragrance.
Brahma Kamal also has a story of its own. According to which it is believed that when he came to the Himalayan region, he had offered one thousand Brahma Kamal to Lord Shiva, but out of this one flower was less. Then Lord Vishnu had dedicated one of his eyes to Lord Shiva in the form of a flower. Since that time Lord Shiva is known as Kamleshwar and Lord Vishnu is known as Kamal Nayan.
how to plant brahm kamal plant
- It is very easy to plant Brahma Kamal plant. To plant this plant, you have to take a leaf of it.
- To plant Brahma Kamal, you have to first prepare the soil. For this, you have to prepare 50 percent normal soil and 50 percent old manure of cow dung.
- After this, you have to plant the leaves of Brahma Kamal at a depth of about three to four inches.
- After planting Brahma Kamal, pour plenty of water in the pot.
- After this, keep the pot in a place where direct sunlight does not come.
- Because Brahma Kamal does not like much heat. It grows very well in cool places.
- In about a month, all the leaves will start growing roots.
- When the plants grow up, give them only enough water that only moisture remains. Because they require very little water.
How to Grow Brahma Kamal From Cutting
How to take care of Brahma Kamal plant
- The Brahma Kamal plant does not require much care.
- If insects get on the leaves of its plant, then you should use any insecticidal medicine.
- This plant does not like much sunlight, always keep it in a shady place.
- Brahmakamal does not require much water. Add water as required.
- This plant also does not require much fertilizer. You can apply cow dung at the root of the plant twice in a year.
How to take care of Brahma Kamal plant,
Where is Brahma Kamal found?
Brahma Kamal is found in the areas of altitude of 3000-5000 meters in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Its about 61 species are found all over India. Out of which 58 species occur in the Himalayas.
What is the specialty of Brahma Kamal?
Many types of rare tree plants are available in the Indian Himalayan region. In which a Brahma Kamal is also included. Brahmakamal is related to the name of the Hindu deity Brahma, hence it is considered as the ‘King of Himalayan Flowers’.
Brahma Kamal is the state flower of which state?
Brahma Kamal is the state flower of Uttarakhand.
How many times Brahmakamal blooms in a year?
Brahmakamal blooms once in a year. This flower blooms at night.